Confession: I loooove me a good chocolate croissant. And for what seems like months now I’ve been craving them. Seriously – It’s been months of craving the chocolate-y goodness all enveloped in bread-y goodness. Then, I saw a post on Pinterest about Nutella Croissants and the recipe was SO easy and I thought, “Hey! I could make that only with chocolate!” So I did. And let me tell you, it was super duper easy and muy delicioso so I thought I’d share today my recipe for easy chocolate croissants.
As I rolled them up all I could think was “Man, these are ugly, maybe I shouldn’t blog this…”
Super Easy Chocolate Croissants
- 1 Can/Tube of Crescent Rolls
- 1/3 Cup of Chocolate Chips
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- Some Flour
- Some Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat Egg and water together, set aside.
- Roll out the crescent rolls onto a lightly floured surface. The dough will come pre-cut into 8 triangular pieces, separate them. Then roll out each of them to thin them a bit. (Optional)
- Put roughly 2 teaspoons worth of chocolate chips on the wide end of a triangle and then roll it up, starting with the wide end. Continue until all triangles are filled.
- Transfer croissants onto a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush with egg mixture. Bake for 10-15 minutes
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Now, if you’re the smarty pants I know are, you noticed I also have a jar of Nutella in my ingredient picture – that’s because I substituted the Chocolate Chips with Nutella in 2 of the Croissants for my own sake (since I’m the only one that likes Nutella in this house) and oh my god it was so good! I followed the same steps above, only instead of putting 2 teaspoons of chocolate chips, I spread 1 teaspoon of Nutella on the triangle dough and rolled them up.
Chocolate croissants were seriously SO easy and SO delicious. I used the small crescent/croissant rolls so they were the perfect bite size. That also meant that they were gone that very same night. Next time (oh, and there will be a next time!) I’ll probably double the recipe… if not triple ;)
You might also like