Love / Do Not Love v.2

love

So one of my best gals, Erika does these fun little love / do not love posts and I was like, hey! why not?! So here you go.

Lately I’ve been loving…

+ Red Nail Polish. I don’t even know where this came from but I’ve been enjoying painting my nails this pretty red color and it makes me feel so adult.
+ Nutella. This is not really a recently thing but an always thing, but my love for it has been pronounced lately.
+ Flowers. The ones I have right now in the house are from Valentine’s Day but I think I’m going to try and have fresh flowers on our mantle more often. They just make me so happy.
+ New jeans. I got some new jeans on Monday and oh boy. They were a little more than I usually pay for jeans but they were SO worth it. They’re so comfortable and soft. I never knew jeans could be this soft.
+ Also, Yoga pants. Specifically from Old Navy. I’m never buying yoga pants from any other place. Ever.
+ Olympics. I LOVE watching the Olympics. I do. I’ll never tire of watching them. Specially the ice skating and giggling at Curling.
+ Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey… stuff. Yes.

Things I haven’t been loving…

On that note… statues. Including but not limited to weeping angels and gnomes. We don’t have any weeping angels in our yard but we do have two gnomes that constantly change positions, we thought it was the wind but now…
El Paso weather. Hear me out. While everyone’s getting dumped with snow we’re in the 80’s and a “cold front” moving in means we dip down to a chill 65-70’s. BUT HEAR ME OUT. This means, we’ll be in the 100… 120 in no time. And I’m sorry but temperature should never be higher than 80. NEVER. And 80’s in February feels SO wrong. I miss winter.
Texas drivers. Learn to use your blinkers and stop cutting people off and driving 30 miles under the speed limit in the highway and learn how to merge. Please and thank you.
Facebook. If it wasn’t because that’s one of very few ways I can connect with people in my grad program, I would never ever use it ever again. But alas, I like connecting with my cohort.
Lack of H&M. Dear H&M, can you pretty please open up a store in El Paso? I promise to spend lots of money there.
Also, IKEA Same goes to you.

Comments

1. says

I miss IKEA. So much. I also hate Facebook but my parents use it to see the babies so I can’t get rid of it. I just cleaned house and only have like 50 friends. Lol

2. says

Such pretty flowers! Yoga pants are the best.
    I remember being in El Paso when my brother was stationed there and all the horrible drivers. Then when I was on my death bed and we were driving through from NC to CA we almost got into an accident in El Paso. It was horrible.

• says

Drivers here are AWFUL. I swear every time I go out someone cuts me off and barely misses hitting me. Not even driving in Chicago or Seattle was this bad lol

3. says

Yay!

Yes to red nail polish! I am loving it, too. Let’s go get manicures together.
    What kind of jeans did you get? AE is my go-to lol.
    I agree with you on the weather.
    And same to IKEA and H &M- the closest for me are Chicago suburbs. Boo.

• says

Oh my god, can we?! That’d be the best.
      I got some Calvin Klein jeans at Macy’s. They were on sale but now I don’t know that I can own any other jeans lol

At least Chicago is only like 2 hrs from you, the closest IKEA and H&M are 9 hrs from here!

4. says

hehe when isn’t Nutella amazing?! They put in an ikea a few years ago and I kept thinking how could I have lived with out one. Hopefully Ikea comes your way soon because its a life savor.

5. Michelle says

Have you tried the skinny sweatpants at Old Navy? They changed my life rather drastically.

Facebook is just another word for Satan.

6. says

LOVE those flowers, and I am with you on the ON yoga pants. They are my go-to, and that says a lot because I personally own quite a few pairs of yoga pants. ;)

Also, I am tiring of FB as well. I got back on because there is no way to disperse news at this god-forsaken post than through the garrison page on there, but I feel like maybe I will be better off ignorant. We shall see…

• says

Aren’t they so pretty? My husband is the best. I don’t think I can own any other yoga pants other than ON.

Yeah, if there were other ways to connect with my grad school cohort, I’d get rid of it haha

7. says

“Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey… stuff” YES!!!! I’m over Facebook as well. If it weren’t for my family I’d never use it again. But it’s their favorite form of contact so I keep it up for them.

8. says

Totally with you in the weather! I’d way rather suffer through a snowpocalypse in the winter if it meant it didn’t get blazing hot in the summer. Yech.